Treat people decently and with respect.
Come away with me and I’ll never stop loving you.
girls who will grow up to be prostitutes.” —
This weekend was so good for me. I went to my last high school football game ever. Possibly the overall last football game in my life. Of course we won the state championship because that’s just how it is. It was very bittersweet watching all the guys win for the last time.
Thanksgiving was nice. It was a much needed break. I learned a lot, laughed a lot, ate a lot. It can’t get much better than that. These past few days are definitely in my top list of good days. I am having the time of my life.
life is full of wonder. love is never wrong.
- looking at the pattern of dots and bears that were around the inside of my crib
- rollerblading with my dad at the bottom of my driveway
- my mom telling me stories about mice having parties
- getting held in the bathroom with the hot shower running when I was sick
- helping my mom bake cookies
- biking on the tart trail
- watching Land Before Time while the setting sun shined through the curtains
- stories of Superman almost every night before I went to sleep
- eating what dad made when mom went to work instead of take out
- getting taken into the airport by my aunt in my car seat because she didn’t know how to get me out
- family parties at my uncle’s old house
- sleeping with every single one of my stuffed animals on my bed so they didn’t feel left out
- thinking that the future was so far away
- crying everyday before preschool
- finally being able to have my turn at taking Snoopy home and journal about what we did in that red notebook
- going down the metal slide on the first day of kindergarden
- twisting my leg on the playground and the older kids saving me and taking me to the office
- crying on the first day of 1st grade and being scared out of my mind for the first month
- making forts all over the house
- playing stork, jump, airplane, astronaut, etc.
- sleeping with my favorite blanket wrapped around me
I miss this all so much.
It’s funny how you can think you know what someone looks like so well. You see them everyday and you know who that person is. Then one day you look at them, like really look at them, and they seem like a whole different person. Not the face that you’re used to when you glance at them. Or when you look at pictures of people you used to go to school with and see how they have changed. You might have had such a clear picture of them in your head, but now that is replaced with a new one. People change.
Life is so odd.
and I’ll take you home
or I’ll take you so far away from here
I’ll take you anywhere
My family is just short of dysfunctional.